Dal Palak Recipe with Spinach
This is a lip-smacking Dal for variation.
Prep time: 10 Min
Cooking time: 20 Min
Total time: 30 Min
- 300g Masoor dal (red lentils)
- 500g Spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 825ml Water
- 1/2 tsp round turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 30g Ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 125ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Rinse dal and dip for 20 min.
- In a large pan, bring standard water to the steam and mix in salt, dal, turmeric and chilli powder. Cover and return to the steam, then reduce heat to low and cook for 15 min. Stir in the green spinach and prepare 5 min, or until dal is soft. Add more water if required.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt ghee and mix fry onion with cumin and mustard seeds, mixing often. Cook until onions are transparent, and then merge by dal. Stir in garam masala and prepare until warmed through.
Note: Can add coconut milk with garam masala for a disparity.