Maximize your investment with Facebook Ads and turn your target audience into a future customer.
Do you know what Ads are on Facebook? They are one of the advertising channels that Facebook provides us with where we can communicate through small messages that appear on the left side of this social network.
The advertising tool Facebook Ads has become one of the most used online advertising channels in recent years, since it allows you to invest in advertising by segmenting the public and selecting the one that matters most. This means that the investment is maximized and, above all, that the target audience is converted into a future client.
5 advantages of advertising on Facebook Ads
In itself, the advantages that we find when making a campaign in Facebook Ads are several, especially for a small company, because with little budget you can get the most effective results.
- Facebook has more than one billion active users( and rising month by month! ), And among them you will surely find potential customers who may be interested in your fanpage.
- You can choose who views the ad. Facebook has all kinds of information about users. We give you all kinds of data in our profiles, which allows you to segment from age, sex, city, to other more complex criteria.
- You can create as many campaigns as you want, implement the expense you consider, stop the campaign without prior notice, and above all, include the images and descriptions you want as long as you do not pass the 90 characters.
- It allows you to increase traffic for a low price. You can be continuously watching the conversion of the campaign.
- You measure the performance automatically. Facebook Ads provides information about the performance of your ads so you can control what kind of messages work for your audience and know the effectiveness of this action and which do not work and you want to stop them.
Before starting to create a campaign on Facebook, it is important that we know two basic terms to familiarize ourselves with them: CPC and CPM.
- CPC:It is the cost that you are going to pay per click, that is, for each time a person clicks on your Facebook ad.
- CPM:Is the cost per 1,000 views of this ad. In this way, we will know the impact of the action.
When should we do a CPM campaign and when should we start a CPC campaign?
The first thing we have to do is set an objective. If your goal is to get more fans and give more visibility to your brand, the CPM is the best option, especially for large campaigns in which there is a lot of budget. You can combine these CPM campaigns, and make hundreds of different examples to finally stay with those that have a better conversion.
If your goal is to get more fans and give more visualization to your brand, the CPM is the best option
If, on the other hand, you are looking for conversion, take traffic to an external page to Facebook, or get a sale and have a small budget, it is best to do a CPC campaign that will allow you to evaluate the performance and conversion of the campaign, so you only pay for each time a user clicks on your ad.
If you are looking for conversion, increase traffic or get a sale, it is best to make a CPC campaign
Once the objective is determined, keep in mind that a good campaign in Facebook Ads can give you very good results if you do it well, measuring and above all optimizing the campaign, but that can also do a lot of damage if not managed properly.
You may also like : Instagram Marketing Tips That Ensure Successful Results
6 steps to create a campaign on Facebook Ads
Once we know the 5 main advantages of making a campaign in Facebook Ads and the two fundamental concepts when creating it, we get down to work. Where should I start? How do I create a campaign?
In a simple way and with very visual examples, I will try to explain step by step how to develop a personalized campaign in Facebook Ads.
1. Choose what to advertise
Identify what you want to promote. Here you have several options:
- Promote your publications, with the aim of giving greater visibility to your promoted publications to get more interactions.
- Promote your page, to get a greater number of fans in it.
- Attracting people to your website, to Logar drive traffic to an external website.
- Increase conversions on your site, with which increase the number of actions that a user or choose to buy a particular product or service.
- Increase your application installations, with the aim of bringing people to your app than downloading or interact with a particular application.
- Increase interaction with your application, to make those people interact with your app, they are discharged, play or the lens to be made with it.
- Reach people who are near your business. Playing with geolocation take people to the point of sale.
- Increase the number of people attending an event. With the sole aim of getting more people sign up to one of the events you’ve created.
- Getting people to request an offer. To promote a particular offer within your fan page.
- Increase video views. To grow in terms of number of copies of a video on your fan page.
2. Choose the type of ad based on your goals
Once we have chosen the type of ad we want to do, it is as simple as completing each of the boxes and choosing the image to create the advertisement.
3. Create your ad
When you have opted for the text you want to put, the deadlines of the campaign and the image to promote your offer, it is time to create your ad.
The title must not exceed 25 characters. When we have chosen it, the next step is to create a description according to the objective.
In our case, the objective is clear: “Get sales this August”, so the text will also be with that tone. We have a total of 90 characters to write a message that engages our user.
With the title, and the text, the next thing is to face our ad, and for that we will choose a good image, that expresses what we want to sell. This image must have a size of 120 × 120 pixels.
In addition, the text of the creative cannot exceed 20% of the image. This is very important, so that when you create a creative for your ad, you have this little data in mind.
To know if creativity exceeds this 20% of text, Facebook gives us a free Text Overlay, a tool that will help us calculate the% that the text occupies in our creativity. You only have to upload the creativity and check the boxes where your text is.
We can create as many ads as we want. The ideal is to make different texts, titles and images to see what type of ad works best and which is getting more conversion.
Before continuing, we can see how our ad is doing if we want to modify something of last minute before choosing the public we are going to address. With a simple glance we can see the format, how it will appear and especially if we have written everything correctly and without spelling errors.
5. Create your audience
Segmenting your audience. Once you have created the ad, it is time to decide who we want our campaign to reach. In our case we have made a rapid segmentation according to age range, country and “Kitchen” tastes.
Facebook allows you to segment it according to other features such as tastes or interests, in addition to addressing only our fans, them and their friends, or expanding the field with the help of more specific filters that Facebook Ads offers us.
Once we have delimited the ad and our target audience, the next step is to start with the campaign, choose the daily expense we want to have, and review the campaign, schedule it and put the start and end date with the investment you want.
It is not necessary to invest a minimum, and you only pay well for clicks or impressions, you decide. In our case, as it is not a campaign of excessive investment, it is a test with which we will measure the sales conversion of our book.
With these 6 simple steps, you can have your campaign running on Facebook Ads
If at any time you want to make a change either because you need an optimization, a change of message or creativity, you can pause and reactivate it as many times as you want. In the statistics provided by Facebook Ads, you will see the ads that you have active and those that are rejected.
Facebook also has a manager called “Ads Manager”, with which you can make an exhaustive tracking of how your campaign is working and above all, to know if you need any changes, such as changing creatives, segmentation or some other aspects that you consider necessary.
“Ask yourself this question constantly: Where can I add more value to what matters most to me and to the people who matter to me?”
Keep in mind that there is no point in obsessing in a campaign to get more “I like you”, if then you do not know how to keep that community and especially how to make it active and communicate with your brand.
So that a campaign like the one I mentioned has a positive effect, you should always know the audience you want to address, their tastes and above all know how to behave on Facebook and what you are looking for, depending on all this, you can see what you can offer added value.
In this way, you will know how to manage the opportunities and, above all, specify the actions you want to do in the future, following a well-defined objective.
If after reading the article we can help you create your Facebook Ads campaign, we will be happy to do so. So you just have to tell us!