Karnataka Style Churumuri (Spicy Puffed Rice Recipe) is a roadside snack that is favorite among the locals in Karnataka. The snack is made by tossing some puffed rice with some spicy chutney and few vegetables to give that fresh crunch. It is the best time pass snack to munch on, when locals go out for some outside snack. They have a superior flavor that is mainly obtained from the chutney that they use which is made from coriander leaves (Dhania Patta), green chilies and garlic. It can be flavored with various ingredients like raw mango, tomatoes or even masala Nippat.
Serve the Karnataka Style Churumuri along with some chat Chatpati Chana Dal Recipe (Chaat) and Aam Panna Recipe (Raw Mango Juice) to finish it off.
Equipment Used: Mixer and Grinder, Glass Mixing Bowl
Preparation Time: 10 Min
Cooking Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
Makes: 4 Servings
- 2 cup Puffed rice
- 4 tablespoon Raw Peanuts, roasted (optional)
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 Mango (Raw), grated
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Chivda
For the green chutney
- 3 Green Chillies, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves (Dhania)
Directions for Karnataka Style Churumuri (Spicy Puffed Rice Recipe)
- To begin making the Karnataka Style Churumuri make the green chutney, grind all the ingredients in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Prep all the things and keep it ready. Take a bowl and add all the ingredients into it along with the chutney and toss it.
- You can add salt according to your taste, and you can also add date syrup if you want the sweetness.
- Serve the Karnataka Style Churumuri along with some chat Chatpati Chana Dal Recipe (Chaat) and Aam Ka Panna Recipe (Raw Mango Juice) to finish it.