Lal Mirch ka Benarsi Achaar Recipe (Chili Pepper Pickle)
This pickle is for spice lovers, this pickle is really dream come true for spice lovers. Whole chilies packed with a variety of very hot spices or herbs create this Banarasi preparation a well-known one.
- 1 kg lal mirch (red peppers)
- 2 1/2 cup pissi rai (powdered mustard seeds)
- 1 sterilised container with a lid
- 1/2 cup haldi (turmeric powder)
- 1 1/4 cup methi dana ( fenugreek seeds, powdered)
- 1 cup saunf (fennel seeds) – powdered
- 1 1/2 Tbsp heeng (asafoetida)
- 1 cup salt
- 1 3/4 cup pissa amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 4 cups sarson ka tel (mustard oil)
How to Make Lal Mirch ka Benarsi Achaar
- Remove the tail of the red peppers cutting around the bottom of the trail, thus making an opening to fill them.
- Merge together, everything, except the oil and the red peppers (lal mirch).
- Add 1/4 cup of the oil and rub it into the blender.
- Stuff this mixture into the red peppers, pressing the filling in tightly, so that it is tightly stuffed.
- Dip each red pepper into the oil and place in the pot, one by one.
- Pour the remains oil over to cover the red peppers. Keep it in the sun light for about a week.