Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Category: Main Course
Ingredients for Kadai Paneer Recipe
- 250 gm Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese), cubed
- 2 Medium Sized Onions
- 4-5 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Sized Green Bell Pepper / Capsicum
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 inch Ginger, grated
- 5-6 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 2 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 2 Teaspoon Crushed Kasuri Methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves)
- 2 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander
Steps for Kadai Paneer Recipe
- Heat ghee / butter or oil in a kadai (wok) or a pan. Finely chop or make a paste of Ginger, Garlic and Green Chillies. Add them to the pan and fry for a minute.
- Finely chop or make a puree of the onions and add them to the pan. Fry them for 4-5 minutes till they become translucent or golden brown.
- Make a puree of the tomatoes and add them to the pan. Cook the mixture for 5-6 minutes till the raw aroma of the tomatoes goes away.
- Add Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder), Turmeric Powder (Haldi), Red Chili Powder and Garam Masala to the gravy.
- Thinly slice or chop the capsicums. Add them to the gravy and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3/4 Cup Water to adjust the consistency along with Salt, according to taste. Then add 1/2 Cup Cream to the gravy.
- Add Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi). Then add the Paneer Cubes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves to garnish. Kadai Paneer is ready, serve it hot with Roti or Naan (Indian Flatbread).
Credit : vegecravings.com