Here is a tasty sharbat recipe with Badam (almond) flavour. Learn how to make badam ka sharbat.
- 120 gm almonds-soaked overnight and peeled
- 8 green cardamoms -crushed, cooked in water and strained
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp kewda essence
- 1/8 tsp potassium meta bi-sulphite(potassium salt of bisulfate anion)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make Badaam ka Sharbat
- Add a little water to the almonds and blend to a fine paste.
- Strain through a fine filter or muslin cloth and add some more water to the left-over almonds and blend and strain again.
- Make the liquid up-to 2 glasses, by including water if necessary.
- Add sugar to the strained almond liquid and melt over low warm.
- When it melts, increase the heat and bring to a steam and let the syrup prepare.
- Keep skimming off the scum as it prepares.
- Cook until a fall of syrup pushed between two fingertips, forms a thread (one-thread consistency).
- Add the cardamom draw out and the kewda substance. Strain through a muslin cloth and cool.
- When cool, mix the potassium in a little of the syrup first and then add to the whole lot.
- Store in clean air-tight bottles.