A Strawberry Shortcake Tower is a dessert made up of layers of shortcake, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries.
The total time to make a Strawberry Shortcake Tower will depend on your cooking skills and the size of your kitchen. However, here is an estimated time breakdown:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 15-18 minutes
Cooling time: 30 minutes
Assembly time: 15-20 minutes
Chilling time: 30 minutes
Total time: Approximately 2 hours (including all the resting times)
Here’s a recipe to make a delicious strawberry shortcake tower:
For the Shortcake:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 6 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
Also Read: Festive Flavors of India: Learn How to Make Gujiya at Home
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it a few times until it comes together.
- Roll out the dough into a 1/2 inch thickness and cut it into circles using a cookie cutter.
- Place the circles onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow the shortcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the shortcakes are cooling, prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the Strawberry Shortcake Tower, place a shortcake on a serving plate and top it with a layer of whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
- Repeat the layers of shortcake, whipped cream, and strawberries until you have used all of the ingredients.
- Finish with a layer of whipped cream and strawberries on top.
- Refrigerate the Strawberry Shortcake Tower for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Slice the Strawberry Shortcake Tower and serve chilled. Enjoy!
Strawberry Shortcake Tower is a delightful and delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion, from a casual family gathering to a fancy dinner party. With layers of flaky shortcake, sweet whipped cream, and fresh strawberries, this dessert is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Just remember to follow the recipe carefully, making sure to cool the shortcakes before assembling the tower and chilling the assembled tower before serving. Enjoy!
Note: One important note to keep in mind when making a Strawberry Shortcake Tower is to make sure the shortcakes are completely cooled before assembling the tower. If the shortcakes are still warm, the whipped cream will melt and the tower will collapse. Additionally, make sure to chill the assembled tower for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together and for the whipped cream to set. This will help ensure a stable and delicious dessert for your enjoyment.